Record Store Day Drops 2020 - Oct 24
The vinyl release of the latest album from the legendary Snoop Dogg! Featuring appearances from Wiz Khalifa, Russ, Slick Rick, YG, Mustard, Jermaine Dupri, Ozuna, Slim Jxmmi, Trey Songz, Nate Dogg, and more!
1. “What U Talkin' Bout” | 2. “So Misinformed (feat. Slick Rick)” | 3. “Let Bygones be Bygones” | 4. “One Blood, One Cuzz (feat. DJ Battlecat)” | 5. “Countdown (feat. Swizz Beatz)” | 6. “I C Your Bullshit” | 7. “Turn Me On (feat. Chris Brown)” | 8. “Blue Face Hunnids (feat. YG & Mustard)” | 9. “New Booty” | 10. “Take Me Away (feat. Russ & Wiz Khalifa)” |11. “Do It When I'm In It (feat. Jermaine Dupri, Ozuna, Slim Jxmmi)” | 12. “First Place (feat. Tdot Illdude)” | 13. “Focused” | 14. “Rise To The Top (feat. Trey Songz & Swizz Beatz)” | 15. “Wintertime in June (feat. Nate Dogg)” | 16. “Doo Wop Thank Me (feat. The HamilTones)” | 17. “Main Phone (feat. Rick Rock & Stressmatic)” | 18. “Do You Like I Do (feat. Lil Duval)” | 19. “I've Been Looking For You (feat. Eric Jaye)” | 20. “Little Square UBitchU (feat. Anitta)” | 21. “Ventalation (feat. RJmrLA, $tupid Young, Azjah)”| 22. “I Wanna Thank Me (feat. Markknoxx)”
The brand new double album from Soul Asylum, pressed for Record Store Day 2020 on 180g vinyl and featuring a bonus 7” featuring previously unreleased acoustic versions of “Rhinestone Cowboy” (a frequent staple of their live shows) and fan favorite “We 3” (which originally appeared on their album And The Horse They Rode In On).
Surinam-born Sumy (real name Kenneth Sumter) started his musical career in the late ‘70s. During the early ‘80s Sumy signed a licensing deal with Philips for two singles, “The Funky '’G’ (Only Comes At Night)” and “Funkin' In Your Mind” and recorded and released an LP on his own label, Galaxy Records. The much-sought-after but very rare “Funkin' In Your Mind” 12” proto-funk/disco track with vocoder is remastered from the original tapes and available for Record Store Day. Indivdually numbered, and pressed on transparent blue vinyl.
1. Funkin' In Your Mind (Long version)
1. Funkin' In Your Mind (Short version)
New Vinyl: $32.98 Buy
NEVER BEFORE RELEASED ON COMMERCIAL VINYL
PRESSED ON SPLATTER-COLORED VINYL CLOUDY CLEAR WITH OPAQUE RED & BLACK
In the late 90s in Hip Hop, all eyes were on the South and the Down South sound reigned supreme. Few groups were as hot as Memphis’ Three 6 Mafia. CrazyNDaLazDayz was a regional scorcher when it dropped in 1999, released under the group name Tear Da Club Up Thugs, but essentially a Three 6 Mafia full-length as core Three 6 members DJ Paul, Juicy J and Lord Infamous all contribute to the project. The record went on to be certified Gold and Three 6 Mafia went on to win an Academy Award for their contribution to Hustle & Flow.
CrazyNDaLazDayz continues to have an impact to this day. A cut Juicy J first pulled together while still in high school, “Slob On My Knob”, was utilized in A$AP Ferg’s hit “Plain Jane.” In addition, the cut is interpolated into G-Eazy’s most successful cut to date, “No Limit.” CrazyNDaLazDayz has never seen a commercial vinyl release (when originally released, only promo vinyl was issued). For Record Store Day, Get On Down brings you this oft overlooked and definitely in need of being revisited portion of Three 6 Mafia’s legacy.
1. DaLazDayz 2. Who The Crunkest (feat. Project Pat) 3. Smoked Out (feat. Twista) 4. I'm Losing It 5. Throw Your Sets (feat. Crucial Conflict)
1. Undercover Freak (feat. T-Rock & Too Short) 2. Wet Party (feat. Spice 1) 3. Elbow A Nigga (feat. Project Pat) 4. Hell Naw 5. Get Buck, Get Wild (feat. Crunchy Black) 6. On Da Block
1. What You're Lookin' For (feat. Project Pat) 2. Paper Chase (feat. Fatal) 3. Hypnotize Cash Money (feat. B.G., Big Tymers & Juvenile) 4. When God Calls Time Out 5. Big Business 6. When It's On It's Murder
1. Push 'Em Off 2. Slob On My Nob 3. All Dirty Hoes (feat. Gangsta Boo) 4. Triple 6 Clubhouse (feat. Lord Infamous) 5. A Niggas Worst Downfall 6. Hypnotize Mind / Profit Posse 7. Comin' Up Next
Toto’s well-honed musical craftsmanship helped sell more than 40 million albums in their four decades together. In 1980, the band embarked on their first tour of Japan, forming a lifelong bond with fans in that country who adored their polished West Coast rock style. For the first time as a standalone release, the Live In Tokyo 1980 EP captures the original line-up of the band – vocalist Bobby Kimball, guitarist Steve Lukather, keyboardists David Paich and Steve Porcaro, bassist David Hungate and drummer Jeff Porcaro – performing four tracks from their then-new sophomore album Hydra (plus the unreleased track “Runaway”) during that historic trek. On red vinyl for Record Store Day 2020.
1 “St. George And The Dragon” 2 “Mama” 3 “Tale Of A Man” 4 “White Sister” 5 “Runaway”
Tres Vampires is a trio of darkly romantic, timeless, otherworldly passion ballads the likes of which are only heard every 1000 years, or when the vampires rise. If you're listening. David J (Bauhaus, Love & Rockets), rarely seen in the daytime, and Johnette Napolitano (Concrete Blonde) collaborate as the duet of your darkest dreams on these dusty 2009 recordings, unearthed from an old crypt in the French Quarter used for storage of various rarities and artifacts. These familiar voices are already Halloween staples wherever vampires are known to congregate, so these three “lost” tracks are sure to become new - yet oddly old and familiar - Goth classics. Instruments performed and recorded by Shok, Los Angeles Multi-Instrumentalist Producer & DJ (Red Light District / Zeitmahl). Limited edition blood red vinyl, download card included
1. Take You Deep 2. Blood Bound 3. Voyage Of The Damned
New Vinyl: $21.98 Buy
First time on vinyl! "
...this soundtrack is the most calculated Austin Powers record yet.” -All Music
Pressed on Gold vinyl, natch.
SIDE ONE 1. Beyonce Knowles “Work It Out” 2. The Rolling Stones “Miss You (Dr. Dre Remix 2002)” 3. Britney Spears Feat. Pharrell Williams of N.E.R.D. “Boys (Co-Ed Remix)” 4. Angie Stone “Groove Me” 5. Earth, Wind & Fire “Shining Star” 6. Foxy Cleopatra Feat. Devin and Solange “Hey Goldmember”
SIDE TWO 1. Smash Mouth “Ain’t No Mystery” 2. Soul Hooligan Feat. Diana King “Evil Woman” 3. Paul Oakenfold “1975” 4. Dr. Evil “Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem –Dr Evil Remix) 5. Ming Tea Feat. Austin Powers “Daddy Wasn’t There” 6. Susanna Hoffs “Alfie (What’s It All About, Austin?)”
New Vinyl: $21.98 Buy
The Original 1987 Soundtrack. Newly Remastered For Vinyl Composed and Performed by Eric Clapton, Michael Kamen and David Sanborn Features Clapton on guitar on 9 tracks.
First time on vinyl! - Contains repertoire recorded specifically for this chart-topping Platinum Soundtrack. Contains songs by Eric Clapton, Aaron Neville and Robbie Robertson, Peter Gabriel, Taj Mahal, Marvin Gaye, Jewel, The Iguanas, Bryan Ferry, J.J. Cale, Dorothy Moore and Thomas Newman
“…a cross-section of singer/songwriters, mellow blues, and synthesized soul-inflected pop.” -AllMusic
Limited Edition - Pressed on translucent cobalt vinyl
1. Eric Clapton “Change The World” 2. Bryan Ferry “Dance With Life (The Brilliant Light)” 3. Aaron Neville “Crazy Love”
1. Taj Mahal “Corinna” 2. Jewel “Have A Little Faith In Me” 3. Peter Gabriel “I Have The Touch” 4. Marvin Gaye “Piece Of Clay”
1. The Iguanas “Para Donde Vas” 2. Dorothy Moore “Misty Blue” 3. J. J. Cale “A Thing Going On” 4. Thomas Newman “The Orchard”
The soundtrack for the documentary film, Record Safari, on standard vinyl. Record Safari is a feature documentary about vinyl record collectors. Vinyl records are Alex Rodriguez’s drug, and he’s turned his addiction into a career. Running the Glass House record rtore and curating for Coachella Music Festival’s on-site record store, Alex spends weeks on the road buying records and swapping stories with fellow collectors, musicians, enthusiasts and producers. Record Safari takes you on the journey as Alex searches high and low for these sought-after pieces of plastic and gives us an inside look into the world of record collecting.
1. Bikini Kill- “This Is Not A Test”, 2. Deidre & The Dark- “Which Way”, 3. High Waisted- “Hey Hey”, 4. Atmosphere- “Camera Thief”, 5. Fiona Silver- “Here Comes The Fall”, 6. Deidre & The Dark- “Tell Me”, 7. Lenny Kaye- “Record Collector”
1. Fiona Silver- “Housewife”, 2. Atlantic Thrills- “Day At The Beach”, 3. Atmosphere- “To All My Friends”, 4. The Chamber Strings- “Check Out Girls”, 5. The Postmarks- “You Drift Away”, 6. Deidre & The Dark- “Can't Believe You're Mine”, 7. Outro: "Thanks”
This RSD 2020-exclusive EP features music created for the 2020 horror/mystery film The Turning, directed bu Floria Sigsmondi. Only one song here (from The Aubreys, a band featuring Finn Wolfhard, who also stars in the film) is on the official soundtrack, and this EP features inspired tracks from Courtney Love, Empress Of, and a never-before-released song collaboration from David Bowie and Kristeen Young.
Kristeen Young (feat. David Bowie) "American Landfill", Courtney Love "Mother (Acoustic)”, SASAMI and Lawrence Rothman "Take It To The Grave", Dani Miller (of Surfbort) "Fentanyl Smoothie", Empress Of "Call Me (Acoustic)” , The Aubreys "Getting Better (Otherwise)”, Warpaint "Melting"
The Verlaines are a rock band from Dunedin, New Zealand. Formed in 1981 by principle songwriter Graeme Downes, the band was named after the French poet Paul Verlaine, from from whom Television’s Tom Verlaine also lifted his stage name. The Verlaines are also one of the pioneers of the cult-followed 'Dunedin Sound' which was lifted from the explosion of talent coming out of their hometown in the ‘80s and ‘90s. The Chills, The Clean, Bailter Space, The Bats, The 3D's and the Straitjacket Fits all came roaring out of this University town.
The Verlaines’ angular sound made them favorites of bands like Pavement, R.E.M., Superchunk, Cat Power, The Mountain Goats, Will Oldham, Yo La Tengo, Lou Barlow and many others. Uncut Magazine suggested that "before the mp3 replaced the flexidisc, the three axes of the international indie-pop underground were Olympia WA, Glasgow, and Dunedin, New Zealand." From 1985 to 2012, The Verlaines have released eleven albums, most of which are on the legendary New Zealand label Flying Nun. There was a brief period in the early to mid 90's when the band released albums for Slash and Columbia Records, only to go back to Flying Nun for 2012's Untimely Mediations.
Dunedin Spleen is The Verlaines’ first studio album in over seven years. Featuring a blistering and brilliant nineteen tracks, this double-LP will be exclusively released on Record Store Day 2020 via North Carolina indie Schoolkids Records. Limited edition white vinyl, gatefold 2xLP, download card included
1. None Of These Chords 2. Church And State 3. Canterbury South 4. Here We Are Again 5. I Am 6. Dunedin Spleen 7. Anthem 8. This Will Not Go Down 9. A Crib At Flatline Bay 10. A.W.C.W.D. 11. Recurring Dream 12. If They Cut Off My Handselling Poems 14. A Wall St Hooker's Deathbed 15. Snappy Dressers 16. Petroleum Woman 17. Poet's Lament 18. Scientists 19. Way Too Old To Grow Up Now
The Beginning was released digitally and on CD in 2001 by Swamp Records in the US and Audium Records in Europe. Long out of print, this record was Tony Joe's 29th,and the first one where he controlled all elements of the studio. Stripped down and without any bells and whistles, this is Tony Joe recording, himself playing his classic swamp blues sound, and now for the first time on vinyl. Remastered and re-sequenced for RSD 2020 with new art and pressed on clear with black splatter vinyl.
1. Who You Gonna Hoo - Doo Now 2. Ice Cream Man 3. Wonder Why I Feel So Bad 4. Going Back To Bed 5. Down By The Border 6. More To This Than That 7. Drifter 8. Rebellion 9. Rich Woman Blues 10. Raining On My Life