Record Store Day Drops 2020 - Oct 24
In 1988, Frank Zappa released the first installment of You Can’t Do That On Stage Anymore, a 6 volume series (12 discs total) consisting of hand picked live performances from his legendary Vault. The series was intended for CD, a relatively new medium at the time. Since vinyl & cassette were still considered the main formats, FZ created this sampler to promote the project & provide motivation to embrace the CD series. The material for the sampler was culled from tracks ranging from 1969 to 1984. The original ‘88 vinyl was mastered by Bernie Grundman. This 2020 collector’s edition is again mastered by Bernie from the original 1630 Digital Master & pressed on 180gram individual red & yellow transparent vinyl by Pallas in Germany.
LP1 / SIDE A – 1. Plastic People, 2. The Torture Never Stops
LP1 / SIDE B – 1. Montana (Whipping-floss), 2. The Evil Prince, 3. You Call That Music?
LP2 / SIDE A – 1. Sharleena, 2. Nanook Rubs It
LP2 / SIDE B – 1. The Florida Airport Tape, 2. Once Upon A Time, 3. King Kong, 4. Dickie's Such An Asshole, 5. Cosmic Debris
Out of print since its original release in 2013, this RSD release is pressed on red and white vinyl, hand-numbered and includes an exclusive poster.
A01. Oath Of The Abyss, A02. Ruthless, A03. Desperate Times
B04. Winter Kills, B05. The Appetite, B06. Gutted
C07. Curses And Epitaphs, C08. Caring's Overkill, C09. Haunting Refrain
D10. Tripping Over Tombstones, D11. Sail (Awolnation cover), D12. Shudder (Bonus Track), D13. Back Down To The Grave (Bonus Track)
Complimenting the release of the album This is How We Roll, this 4-track EP features alternate, extended variations of "Music Box" and "White Punks On Dope" as well as the previously unreleased version of Roxy Music’s "Virginia Plain".
SIDE A 1. White Punks on Dope 2. Music Box 3. Music Box Reprise / Griff’s Lament
SIDE B 1. Virginia Plain
Alejandro Escovedo's critically acclaimed album The Crossing with the vocals recorded in Spanish, pressed on red, white and green striped double vinyl.
1. Andare 2. Footsteps In the Shadows 3. Texas Is My Mother 4. Teenage Luggage 5. Something Blue 6. Outlaw For You 7. Amor 8. Puro 9. Waiting For Me 10. How Many Times 11. Cherry Blossom Rain 12. Sonica USA 13. Rio Navidad 14. Silver City 15. Fury and Fire 16. Flying 17. MC Overload 18. The Crossing
The original songs written for the EPIX television show Perpetual Grace, LTD. The Jones Sisters is made up of the show's creator, writer and director Steven Conrad, singer/songwriters Bobby Bare Jr, Lillie Mae and more. Released for Record Store Day 2020 on colored vinyl.
1. “Comet” 2. “Iris” 3. “You Are Hurting Me”4. “Kawasaki Kx80” 5. “Resonate” 6. “Brother Down” 7. “The Power Of Your Soft Young Heart” 8. “My Old Old Lady” 9. “I Want To Get Something Going On” 10. “In The Lowrider Capitol of The World” 11. “Drunk (Chicago)” 12. “Restless as the Former Horses (Of Jesse James and William Bonney)” 13. “Y'all Bless Me Down”
First time on vinyl!
Aside from Knopfler’s silky score, the album contains tracks from Dire Straits, Elvis Costello, Francoise Hardy, The Stranglers, Hot Chocolate and Django Reinhardt.
“…nicely evokes the picture’s wistful, nostalgic atmosphere.” -All Music
Limited Edition - Pressed on clear vinyl
MP3 Album: $1.79 Download
Athens, Georgia instrumental college rock staples Love Tractor return with their original line up to rework early tracks for this RSD 7" with help from Doug Stanley & Joe Rowe of the Glands, Bill Berry of R.E.M., and with David Barbe and Jeff Calder holding down the studio. Two reworked originals to lead into their full catalog reissue series that kicks off in mid-2020.
“60 Degrees and Sunny” / “FEST-ivals”
"You have taken what I write, play, and sing about to an even higher level of expression. "
Hugo Montenegro was a prolific composer and orchestra leader, best known for crafting dynamic film and television soundtracks throughout the 1960s and 1970s. In addition to original compositions, the New York native also recorded many unique interpretations of contemporary work by other artists. In 1974, Montenegro released Hugo In Wonder-Land, his take on the catalog of music icon Stevie Wonder. The album is entirely instrumental, offering a brand new perspective on Wonder’s acclaimed originals. Montenegro’s lush arrangements and Moog-heavy electronic elements make for a genre-bending classic that Stevie Wonder himself has championed. After years out of print, Hugo In Wonder-Land is now back on limited-edition vinyl.
“Living For The City”/”Too High”/”Superstition”/”You Are The Sunshine Of My Life”/”My Cherie Amour”/”Higher Ground”/”Don’t You Worry ‘Bout A Thing”/”Shoo-Bee-Doo-Bee-Doo-Da-Day”/”You’ve Got It Bad, Girl”/”All In Love Is Fair”
First time on vinyl in decades.
“One of the best, most movingly evocative scores in Randy Newman’s long movie career… “ -All Music
“Warm-hearted and moving, this is one of the most treasured items in my film music collection.” -Movie Wave
“…one of the finest in Newman’s canon.” -Movie Music UK
Limited Edition Pressed on custom blue vinyl
Vinyl: $22.98 Buy
This Record Store Day 2020 exclusive features tracks from acclaimed composer Ryuichi Sakamoto (The Revenant, The Last Emperor) heard in "Smithereens" - the second episode of the fifth series of the anthology series Black Mirror. The cover art showcases an original design from Sakamoto’s long-time collaborator, Alva Noto.
“meditation app”, “plot”, “this is my last day”, “hayley”, “prey”, “chain smoking addict”, “chase”, “reverse surface”, “closing in”, “countdown”, “retreat”, :flashback”, :gun is real”, “shot”, “degrade”, “car crash”, :this is my last day 2”, “release”
MP3 Album: $9.99 Download
The vinyl release of the latest album from the legendary Snoop Dogg! Featuring appearances from Wiz Khalifa, Russ, Slick Rick, YG, Mustard, Jermaine Dupri, Ozuna, Slim Jxmmi, Trey Songz, Nate Dogg, and more!
1. “What U Talkin' Bout” | 2. “So Misinformed (feat. Slick Rick)” | 3. “Let Bygones be Bygones” | 4. “One Blood, One Cuzz (feat. DJ Battlecat)” | 5. “Countdown (feat. Swizz Beatz)” | 6. “I C Your Bullshit” | 7. “Turn Me On (feat. Chris Brown)” | 8. “Blue Face Hunnids (feat. YG & Mustard)” | 9. “New Booty” | 10. “Take Me Away (feat. Russ & Wiz Khalifa)” |11. “Do It When I'm In It (feat. Jermaine Dupri, Ozuna, Slim Jxmmi)” | 12. “First Place (feat. Tdot Illdude)” | 13. “Focused” | 14. “Rise To The Top (feat. Trey Songz & Swizz Beatz)” | 15. “Wintertime in June (feat. Nate Dogg)” | 16. “Doo Wop Thank Me (feat. The HamilTones)” | 17. “Main Phone (feat. Rick Rock & Stressmatic)” | 18. “Do You Like I Do (feat. Lil Duval)” | 19. “I've Been Looking For You (feat. Eric Jaye)” | 20. “Little Square UBitchU (feat. Anitta)” | 21. “Ventalation (feat. RJmrLA, $tupid Young, Azjah)”| 22. “I Wanna Thank Me (feat. Markknoxx)”
Surinam-born Sumy (real name Kenneth Sumter) started his musical career in the late ‘70s. During the early ‘80s Sumy signed a licensing deal with Philips for two singles, “The Funky '’G’ (Only Comes At Night)” and “Funkin' In Your Mind” and recorded and released an LP on his own label, Galaxy Records. The much-sought-after but very rare “Funkin' In Your Mind” 12” proto-funk/disco track with vocoder is remastered from the original tapes and available for Record Store Day. Indivdually numbered, and pressed on transparent blue vinyl.
1. Funkin' In Your Mind (Long version)
1. Funkin' In Your Mind (Short version)
Toto’s well-honed musical craftsmanship helped sell more than 40 million albums in their four decades together. In 1980, the band embarked on their first tour of Japan, forming a lifelong bond with fans in that country who adored their polished West Coast rock style. For the first time as a standalone release, the Live In Tokyo 1980 EP captures the original line-up of the band – vocalist Bobby Kimball, guitarist Steve Lukather, keyboardists David Paich and Steve Porcaro, bassist David Hungate and drummer Jeff Porcaro – performing four tracks from their then-new sophomore album Hydra (plus the unreleased track “Runaway”) during that historic trek. On red vinyl for Record Store Day 2020.
1 “St. George And The Dragon” 2 “Mama” 3 “Tale Of A Man” 4 “White Sister” 5 “Runaway”
The Original 1987 Soundtrack. Newly Remastered For Vinyl Composed and Performed by Eric Clapton, Michael Kamen and David Sanborn Features Clapton on guitar on 9 tracks.
First time on vinyl! - Contains repertoire recorded specifically for this chart-topping Platinum Soundtrack. Contains songs by Eric Clapton, Aaron Neville and Robbie Robertson, Peter Gabriel, Taj Mahal, Marvin Gaye, Jewel, The Iguanas, Bryan Ferry, J.J. Cale, Dorothy Moore and Thomas Newman
“…a cross-section of singer/songwriters, mellow blues, and synthesized soul-inflected pop.” -AllMusic
Limited Edition - Pressed on translucent cobalt vinyl
1. Eric Clapton “Change The World” 2. Bryan Ferry “Dance With Life (The Brilliant Light)” 3. Aaron Neville “Crazy Love”
1. Taj Mahal “Corinna” 2. Jewel “Have A Little Faith In Me” 3. Peter Gabriel “I Have The Touch” 4. Marvin Gaye “Piece Of Clay”
1. The Iguanas “Para Donde Vas” 2. Dorothy Moore “Misty Blue” 3. J. J. Cale “A Thing Going On” 4. Thomas Newman “The Orchard”
This RSD 2020-exclusive EP features music created for the 2020 horror/mystery film The Turning, directed bu Floria Sigsmondi. Only one song here (from The Aubreys, a band featuring Finn Wolfhard, who also stars in the film) is on the official soundtrack, and this EP features inspired tracks from Courtney Love, Empress Of, and a never-before-released song collaboration from David Bowie and Kristeen Young.
Kristeen Young (feat. David Bowie) "American Landfill", Courtney Love "Mother (Acoustic)”, SASAMI and Lawrence Rothman "Take It To The Grave", Dani Miller (of Surfbort) "Fentanyl Smoothie", Empress Of "Call Me (Acoustic)” , The Aubreys "Getting Better (Otherwise)”, Warpaint "Melting"